Tuesday, April 1, 2008

That is R.D.H to YOU


yesterday was one of the BEST days of my life! i got accepted to DENTAL HYGIENE school! to many of you who don't know, the hygiene process is CRAZY hard, full of jumps and loops having 4.0 GPA and working your butt off... then, it is crazy competitive because there are about 200 girls all doing the same thing, working towards the same goal. i applied to two colleges, phoenix college and mcc. i was an alternate for phoenix college, i found out on saturday and monday aud called and said there was mail for me from MCC dental hygiene department. so...babysitting and all, i brought the kids to my house opened up the letter and jumped as high as i EVER have in my whole life after reading just the word CONGRATULATIONS! it could have said congratulations you applied and got royally rejected.


but it didn't. i'm in. as kelly would say "allie, all of your dreams are coming true"


it's a two year school, where hygiene becomes your life. you sleep, dream and eat it. you breath it and then you study even more.

and i am so excited about that.

most of all, i thought i wasn't going to get in. i thought the Lord would test my patience, because i don't have any.


but i guess he thinks there will be better times to learn. trish came over and corbin made me cookies, sami made me a tooth card with one pearl earring that i must put in my pocket every time i have to take a test it will bring me good luck and trish gave me her "bible"-all knowing dentistry book and some great ADA journals, that, when i do research papers -her example, like write a 10 pg paper on this new medication- they want it from these journals. and i said, ohhh, like once a week. she said, um, if your lucky. they give you a couple a week. hahhah. then aaron took me and nay to get a sonic drink. it was so good. i loved that day!

GOOD THINGS COME TO THOSE WHO WAIT! now i am going to bed because i couldn't sleep last night from all the excitement. hahhah!

---brush your teeth---



11 comments:

Marie said...

Congrats Al!!

Aimee Smith said...

AL I am so excited for you that I can not stand it! You deserve it Girly!!

Amy D. Hall Riter said...

I am so proud of you! Let's celebrate, shall we!

shell said...

congratulations you freaking nut balls! i am excited. tatum is getting a cavity. can you fix it? and your parents are looney.

Kippy said...

i am soooo excited for you!! i know how crazy hard it is to get accepted! you deserve it and it will be a perfect job for you! $$$$ :) and you and your boyfriend are adorable.

Mindy said...

CONGRATULATIONS ALLIE! HAVE A GREAT 2 YEARS OF STUDY. I KNOW YOU WILL ACE IT. DID YOU GET MY LONG MESSAGE ABOUT THE CUPCAKE PLACE IN CHANDLER?? FAIRY CAKES. CHECK IT OUT!!!

Stephanie said...

you really do live the best life. I love you!

audrey said...

Did Shell really call you nut balls? hmmm- I wonder about her. I KNEW you could do it, and I think I was the one from DAY 1 telling you you would get in. I knew you were. "Remember when you think positive, good things come to you." Quote from a 10 year old.

Kippy said...

okay i read your comment on my blog and all i can say is...what the?!?! and a million smiley faces.

Corbin said...

Congratulations, but I didn't make you any cookies.

miss paige said...

I don't know what I'm doing. So uh... my blog is pgdill.blogspot.com. i made a post for you.