That morning Aaron and I woke up very early and headed downtown. He was so perfect during all of this! He de-stressed me and was there every step of the way (up until the start....). While we were waiting for it to start I ran into Summer, a girl from high school I swam with. She stayed with us until it started too!

Aaron and I before the start
Aaron ran a little with me and Ian and Alejandra were there too!
I hit the wall at mile 22. And it HURT! I kinda think I psyched myself thinking it would be so much easier than San Diego cuz it would be flat, then I was so mad I hit the wall! Luckily Alejandra was there on the sidelines right when I needed her! She ran a little with me too and kept me going!
At about mile 23 I found my friend Rey (my ragnar buddy as well) and we ran the end together. We were both getting pretty bad cramps, and I complained the entire way to the finish line. He had to start singing to me to keep me going! But we did it and we passed the finish line together!
My sisters, Aaron, Aim, Corb and baby Asher we at mile 26 pushing me the last little way! It was perfect! Although I was crying it was so awesome to finally have Katie as a spectator!
And.... right at the finish line was my coach: JESSIE! (And Curtis!)
Thanks Tanner and Heather! Love you two!
After we all headed to mellow mushroom to meet my mom for pizza. Because after running 26.2 miles, a pizza was in store. And a bathroom!
Thanks to all my fans.... I just love you all to pieces and each of you made that day so special to me!
In other news:
This little boy got braces (again)! He looks even YOUNGER now! He only did it cuz I wanted him to. He will thank me one day.
It's a shootout with the Palmer clan!!!!!!!!!
1 comment:
oh man, i just got done w/ braces round 2!! i can now say it was super worth it, but....yeah, definitely looked 14. (but you knew that, after seeing me at cafe rio :) ANYWAY. you're a rock star for running another marathon. A ROCK STAR. that is all.
Post a Comment