Thursday, March 20, 2008

a smith weekend= BLISS

This past weekend was one of the best. me and aaron drove to cali to meet the smiths. the drive over was so fun. we met davey and amy at a rest stop, said a little hello and goodbyes then we picked the smith's up from disneyland and drove BACK to san diego. a little driving never hurt anybody. on saturday we went to sea world, where the little boy in both corbin and aaron came out. corbin read every sign and wanted to see every exhibit. aaron: holding a starfish... tried to throw it back into the pond and tried to skip it. like a rock. boys.
the smiths drove back to az with us, and despite the snow we ran into on the way home, it was a blast. us at joes bbq puffin a smoke. i love this picture cuz aaron looks stoned. I LOVE YOU ADOLF.


happy smoky couples.


i had a huge anatomy test the next day so.. luckily my best friend married a nerd who could just randomly read my text book and then explain it to me so i understood. corby, you're the best. and thanks for helping aaron with this chem. you're grrrrreat.



we woke up wednesday and went hiking at squaw peak. it was so much fun! there was a helocopter that was rescuing someone, and one little boy thought it was cuz one hiker littered. i think the police should hunt you down like that if you litter.

best friends by betsy the manatee. okay, this isn't really betsy. betsy, my manatee (combined with kelly... she's both our child....) lives in florida, and she is doing just fine right now.


me nad aaron making fun of some asians because they deserved it.


sorry this is sideways. this is me and lib getting engaged in front of the temple and it's 7 windows. we will be so happy together.


we go to the science center and corb was in heaven. here is the lovely couple wheelchair racing. hhahhahha.

me observing an open heart surgery. totally would be like this in real life.

i loved having them stay. i hope corb actually thought az offered more than just hot weather. good times and great laughs.

corb: "ya know, i don't know what it is about the askins house. i just don't feel awkward walking around in my underwear"

we make everyone feel like its home.

6 comments:

Corbin said...

Number 1: you forgot to mention who won that wheelchair race. (ahem)

Number 2: I admit, Arizona was fun, and hot.

Number 3: I am not afraid of being a nerd.

Number 4: I like being naked, so I guess you are happy I didn't get that comfortable at your house.

shell said...

you are brave to have friends stay wich yo mama!!! joke.

Kippy said...

fun trip, fun time, fun memories. and what the heck, have you adopted a manatee? if so you are a kindred spirit. remember when rhonda adopted one for me, her name was Rosie :) love that. oh, and the pic in front of the temple...i thought it was your
b-friend and my heart started racing!

Stephanie said...

it looks like you guys had soooo much fun! I miss you guys!

Melissa said...

Fun! One question though. Why would you act like that during an open heart surgery? Isn't enough that the man has heart problems, but you have to molest him too? Ha ha, check your hand placement! I love and missss yooouuuu!

Aimee Smith said...

Al I had the time of my life I can not wait to do it again! I miss you guys and I miss all that food we ate!!