Sunday, November 6, 2011

OMAHA!!! and BABY!

The end of September I made a trip to Omaha, Nebraska to see my favorite family ever! (And my favorite baby ever!)
Ash picked me up from the airport and we were both so excited!

She drove me around Omaha while baby took a little nap, then we got home and of course I had to start unpacking the presents I brought him!

We started off with the bubbles.

Can I just say I could play with this baby all day.


Ga ga sent him some trucks and he played with those the WHOLE week I was there!


See, he loved them!

He loved the bubbles. And I loved being with him! ANNNNND the awesome weather. ANNNNNND my double chin in this picture!

Wanna eat his cheeks. And I totally did.

Isn't Ash just so cute, and she is such a good mom.

Baby learned how to make faces in the window from his daddy. And I love Sammy's faces!

We had Sam nap in the car whenever we went out. We went and did a lot, I was very entertained!

Seriously, this baby knows how to party! Head down and all!

Ash took me to the best cupcake/bakery/cafe ever. And.... we totally went twice during my stay. Because vacation means eating treats.


He's loving Ash's glasses!

Ash took us down town to go shopping. It's so neat down town and we found the bomb vintage shop. Too bad I didn't drive out (actually not too bad....glad I flew) but we found super cute cheap things for home decor!


He loves dirt and rocks a lot more now! He's turning into a little boy!

Sooooo, Ash has this way about her to get you to try on things, buy things and do things you normally wouldn't do. Which is so awesome. Above: crazy dress. Didn't buy. BUT i did buy another one that i'm in love with. We took this picture cuz we were laughing so hard.

We picked up Mark from school and headed to an awesome pizza place. I had Mark take a quick picture of me in front of his law school. I'm so proud of him! He studies all the time and is so smart!

I started my marathon training that week, so I got up to run in the mornings and I would brush my teeth and Sam was amazed by my toothbrush.

When it would be on he would stare and just put his cute chubby little cheek next to it! I died.

I almost deleted this picture cuz my camera chopped it off, but:
1: it is adorable of my favorite baby
2: ashley looks hilarious.

Trying on my running shoes. AND.... I should have taken more pictures, Ash has outdone herself with her home decor. I keep telling her she needs to go back to school for interior design. She has a gift and LOVES doing it!

Awe. I guess a baby can't stop us from going and going!

She took me to the tabernacle, I had another picture but I think I deleted it. I learned a lot about the pioneers! I realized I didn't know anything!
Then:
She took me to her mission! I loved this part!
We were getting ready to watch the video

Aunt and Nephew love
The sister there took us on a mini-mini-mini tour


She had me pull this! Heavy! Then she put a little rock in the wheels way and I couldn't even pull! How in the world did the pioneers do everything they did?!?!?!

Mom and babe

cuteness

Infront of Ash's mission! WOOT WOOT!

You know, I have this same picture of her from her misson! Crazy! Well, minus the adorable baby and her cute brunette hair....

We went to the cemetery across the street.

Sam just ran around and he loved it! And i loved this:

It is such a pretty sculpture. A wife and husband and in the back there is little branches representing the advisary. It's huge and so pretty.


Love this hymn.

Gosh look at him! (I'm totally not sorry for taking a kazillion pictures of him...)


The back of the winter quarters temple

Across the street from the temple is a convent. Convents freak me out cuz nun's mystify me. Ash tried so hard to try to get a tour. NEXT TIME!

Do you recognize this spot! Hello, it's Malcom X's birth place! So many hidden treasures in Omaha!


NEXT time I will go in this visitors center. The night before I had to call Aaron to clarify EXACTLY what mr. Malcom did. High school was so long ago....

Look, it's Christmas colored cars in front of us!

Went to lunch.
After lunch we went driving around to look at the super awesome houses!
We both realized what kinda houses we want when our husbands get done with school. Mine will be in like 32 years but dreaming never hurt anyone.


Mowing this would be a beast!


I wanted to buy Sam these aviators so bad! He looked adorable!

This is the cafe/cupcake/bakery place! AND this was our second trip! Oh, our first trip I DID get a frosting shot. I never did that in New York and I have been regretting it ever since!

The night before I left, the Huston's took me downtown to a cute little restaurant and to walk around and see the Omaha night life.


Cute girls!

The Huston's. I love this family so much! And miss them too!

On the street corner there was this women's gospel choir. They were loud, proud and awesome. And Sam was AMAZED.

I thought this was cute.

Across the street from down-town there is the BIGGEST slide I have ever seen! It was so fun to go down!
Ash and Mark are probably the coolest parents around cuz they let the baby go on it by himself! I was so nervous! A few cries, but Sammy did great.


See, look he is having so much fun!

Saturday was the day I had to leave. BOOOOOO! That morning Mark skyped with his parents and it was fun to try and see the things they do to keep the baby entertained long enough to skype!

I love you Huston's and thank you so much for having me! I can't wait to go back and do more fun things! And see that handsome little boy!

Totally not on topic, I got in that night, and Amy and Audrey picked me up from the airport and we headed to the ASU game. It was awesome, funny and convinced me to get Aaron and I season tickets for next year!
On our way to the game. It was great! We even tried to set Aud up on a date with Mr. Pickles himself!!!!

And can I get an amen for the cooler weather coming our way!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love November!

3 comments:

Dahly Mama said...

Loved the tour of your trip!!! Wish I could go soon!! Maybe in the spring!! Love that same little guy and his parents a ton, too!!!

Ashley said...

Great post!!! Thanks for coming! We had a blast! Cant wait for you to come again!!!!!!

Celeste said...

Hey I have those same Aesics... love them! You are so cute!