Sunday, February 6, 2011

13.1


On January 16, 2011, Katie ran the P.F. Changs half marathon for her second go-round at it. It was so fun to watch her. Although, Aud and I thought it was such an amateur race since we have been to the NY marathon. But needless to say, we saw her right at mile 13 (as in SHE yelled at US to get our attention... I don't know what it is about the P.F. Changs race that allows us NEVER to find her...).

Katie and her running partner Natalie. (Who I just think is the cutest thing on planet Earth)


Proud sisters greeting Kate after the run.
P.F. Changs marketing must have been awesome cuz right after the race we went to Changs to eat lunch! FUN DAY!


On January 29, 2011 I ran MY FIRST half marathon. It was London's run (which I doubt I'll do again, not a fan of running on dirt...) and it was SUCH a blast. Even though I had NO music, (I had done something funky to my shuffle the night before and it totally went out a 1/4 of a mile INTO the race) dirt got into my shoes creating blisters, and tractors were still plowing the fields during the run, I LOVED IT.

My mom and Aud came out to cheer me on. Katie would have come, I know, but she had a work thing.

My trainer Stefanie ran it too with her sisters. I saw them along the way and of course she was cheering me on because she ALWAYS cheers me on and I love her so much!


This is how my sister and my mom run their half marathon.

One supportive husband. Seriously he always let me do my runs even though he wanted us to go out and do something. He even ran a couple runs with me!

Oh yeah--- my goal to finish was 2:07.
I got 2:04:11.
With these short little legs and my first run, that's quite an accomplishment, Bainy!









4 comments:

Whitney and Michael said...

awesome! Way to go, I am not sure i could ever commit myself to do something like this- so way to go! :)

katilda said...

i was there too! i didn't mind the dirt but hated that it was slanted half the time. so so fun though...i got one of those free leg massages afterward. yessss

Elder Nathan Askins said...

I am so proud of you. I was so sad to miss your first one. At least we have San Diego. It's coming up fast. :)

Aimee Smith said...

Andre I am so proud! I think you are crazy for running the way that you do but mostly just cause I'm jealous! You are awesome!